We were at a brunch at my MIL's a few months ago and I commented on how tasty the breakfast casserole was. She shared the recipe (which was her neighbor's) and we made it our own. It is tasty.
You will need:
8 oz. (more or less to your preference) frozen shredded potatoes
a dozen (ish) eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1-2 cups shredded cheese (I usually use an 8 oz block of extra sharp cheddar) divided
half to a pound of breakfast sausage, browned and drained; or diced ham
1 cup whipping cream (or half-and-half or milk would work)
Your choice of vegetables, I usually use:
1 diced pepper (I like the colored ones, green works too)
1 can green chiles
some chopped baby bellas
lightly steamed asparagus and/or broccoli
1/2 onion, diced
METHOD
Oil a 9x13 glass baking pan. Line bottom with potatoes. Beat together eggs, cream, salt and pepper and pour over potatoes. Sprinkle on half the cheese. Mix meat and veggies together and add to top, lightly pressing down into eggs. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
ENJOY!!! We usually eat this as a dinner rather than a breakfast.
1 comment:
Thank you!! We have been doing so many more breakfast dinners...with the price of meat being outrageous!
Have you tried crockpot breakfast casseroles? Great for summer!!
Blessings!
Post a Comment