This is a great, easy, proteiny (is that a word?) meal for meatless Fridays. You can make it with whole or diced chiles (diced are definitely easier), I will notate both ways.
2-3 small cans chopped green chiles (or 10-15 whole chiles, fresh or canned)
1 cup ("ish", depends how much you like cheese) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, or sliced MJ cheese if you're using whole chiles
5-7 eggs
1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1-2 cups shredded cheddar (again, depends on your preference)
Mix chopped chiles and MJ cheese together, or stuff whole chiles with MJ cheese slices (you'll have to slice open and de-seed the chiles). Spread/lay in bottom of a 9x9 (or 9x13) pan. In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper well. Pour over chiles. Sprinkle top with cheddar. Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes.
This is sooo tasty, and it is just as good (if not better!) left over. I usually serve it with some fruit salad on the side.
1 comment:
I"m going to have to try this. Thanks for posting :)
Post a Comment