Friday, July 13, 2012

Baby is here!

Our sweet baby boy arrived this past Wednesday!  Clement Paul was born on July 11 at 1:58 AM, weighing 8lbs 6.5oz and 19 inches long.  I had an inkling I might be in labor that evening, but honestly still wasn't sure.  I even painted my toenails around 9pm!  We called my mom to come over with our sleeping children around 11pm, and I still wasn't even sure if they'd keep me if we went in.  I need to learn that when I'm in denial, that's a sure sign it's the real thing.  We got to the BirthCare Center at midnight, and he was born just two hours later.  It was intense but good, I am so blest.  We were able to go home that evening and are slowly but surely settling into life as a family of five.  Here are some pics of our sweet little guy...we love him sooooo much!!
Our family of FIVE!

Meeting brother and sis for the first time!
She is captivated by him!
Brand new baby boy
Dressed and ready to head home
First day at home
Sis and bro
BROTHERS!!!!
Cute cloth diapers . . . and a sleepy little smile!!
Two days old, awake and alert

7 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations to you all! So glad to hear the news of Clement's arrival and that all went well. Be sure you keep a list of pointers on being a family of five! ;-) Continued prayers as you settle in at home.

Erika Marie said...

Yay! He is so precious. I'm so glad everything went well and hope and pray for a continued wonderful transition time for everyone!

CKFV said...

Congrats! My mom emailed me to let me know :-) So excited for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is so precious!! I love that last picture particularly.

It sounds like your labor went well. So great.

And you look just wonderful, Monica! (Seriously.)

I think I mentioned this on Facebook, but we LOVE the name Clement. (Don't worry- we won't be using it though, because we think it sounds weird with our last name.)

Alzbeta said...

Congratulations!! That is SO wonderful... and I LOVE his sweet name :).

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!! What a beautiful boy!

You make having a baby sound EASY, Monica! ;)

Glad to see other little fellas do the both arms up/show off my guns look. It's Brooks' favorite way to sleep - which makes swaddling a chore!

Kezia said...

I can't believe I'm just now reading this, I'm behind the times. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Welcome baby Clement!