"H" is for Halloween
Appropriately enough, we celebrated Halloween at the beginning of "H" week! When we dressed up for grandparents the day before, Gemma wore the monkey costume we had picked out together. Then on Halloween she decided she wanted to be a dragon like last year! This was the first time she was really and truly excited about dressing up...I wasn't about to squelch that excitement. The monkey costume was pretty big, so it should make a good costume for her next year.
Appropriately enough, we celebrated Halloween at the beginning of "H" week! When we dressed up for grandparents the day before, Gemma wore the monkey costume we had picked out together. Then on Halloween she decided she wanted to be a dragon like last year! This was the first time she was really and truly excited about dressing up...I wasn't about to squelch that excitement. The monkey costume was pretty big, so it should make a good costume for her next year.
Gemma was also sick early in the week, so we didn't do quite as many of our "H" activities. Thankfully, she bounced back really quickly.
Some of our favorite "H" books were:
P is for Pumpkin, God's HARVEST Alphabet (I like this autumn book so very much I really am tempted to just buy it for our home library)
Hush Little Baby (a sweet spin on the traditional song)
Hush Little Baby (a sweet spin on the traditional song)
"H" is for hats!
On Friday we looked at the book "Zoe's Hats" and sang "My Hat it Has Three Corners", then we made our own hats. Both kids had fun with this. I let Gemma use my super-nifty tape-bracelet to tape the paper hat together and that worked really well! I tell you, I think those things are about the greatest invention ever. Kolbe is finally doing better with paints and markers (read: he mostly doesn't try to eat or throw them), so that has been a welcome change!
On Friday we looked at the book "Zoe's Hats" and sang "My Hat it Has Three Corners", then we made our own hats. Both kids had fun with this. I let Gemma use my super-nifty tape-bracelet to tape the paper hat together and that worked really well! I tell you, I think those things are about the greatest invention ever. Kolbe is finally doing better with paints and markers (read: he mostly doesn't try to eat or throw them), so that has been a welcome change!
I think that's all for this week! I'm going to try to be a little more timely now with my Letter of the Week posts, and try to post them the Monday following each week. And if you're curious, I do these as much for me as I do for others. ;-D I am looking forward to looking back on these in future years to jog my memory for ideas!! Please feel free to share any ideas you have in the comments! I'm always open for suggestions!!
8 comments:
Very cute Halloween costumes! I love the hats, Kolbe looks super excited about his hat.
Kolbe was super hungry and ready for me to put him in his chair to eat when I snapped that picture. He had fun painting it though, I am glad he is finally getting better at using our art supplies. ;-D
Love the hats...though I don't know that song. I think we'll have to try that project out this week. Also planning on Hopscotch and Hide and Seek! Happy I week!
I hope if I'm ever a mom I can be half as good at it as you are. :)
Kezia, you humble me. But for the grace of God go I...
Oh my gosh! I love the pumpkin snowman...I'm going to copy that!
Love those adorable costumes too!!
That pumpkin snow man is way too cute! Kaylee would love to do something like that!
And your kiddos? Super adorable in their costumes!!
You are so good at the preschool thing! I'm admittedly jealous... I'm still trying to figure out the meal planning thing; can't even imagine doing all that you do! I'm super impressed!
Post a Comment