Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween afternoon and evening

We had a great Halloween this year. I think I'm going to petition the government that Halloween always falls on the Saturday of daylight savings. Haha, not really, but that sure was convenient!

Aaron carved the pumpkin while Gemma napped, and she was quite impressed with him. In this picture she is actually doing a little dance around the front porch to show her excited feelings about "gack-a-lattern" as she calls him.
We've now put him down on the step and faced him looking in, and she loves to run to the front door and tell him hi. It will be a sad day when we rots enough that he needs tossed. I'm just glad he didn't get smashed like last year. Grrrr, stinkin' kids.

We started the afternoon around 4, heading over to grandparents' houses. Gemma got to try her first ever piece of candy. We decided to let her have one at each grandparents', and she was pretty non-commital really, she didn't even finish the one at Grandma and Grandpa D's. Didn't hurt my feelings...if it's up to me she won't get any more until NEXT Halloween. Anyways, so here are the pics...

Heading out...way too hot and impractical to wear her costume in the car, but lookin' good in her face paint, practicing her growl!
Trying her first ever piece of candy!
Heading up to the other grandparents'!
Not the best year for a hooded costume. She wasn't a huge fan.
Probably the best pic I got...a bit blurry but a very sweet smile on my little lion!
Trying one more candy.
We made it back to our place around 6:30 and trick-or-treated both of our neighbors. And honestly, that was enough for Gemma. She wasn't terribly enamored by the costume (although she did much better than I thought she would). Her favorite activity by FAR was passing out candy to the kids. We all three just sat on the front porch for about an hour and Gemma had SUCH a blast putting candy in the kids' bags. She did really well with the costumes, too. Got scared a few times by kids in masks, but all the kids and parents were so polite and even apologized (which I found sweet but totally unnecessary, I mean, really, you're supposed to dress up on Halloween!) And if anyone made it home with bite marks in their candy (yes, through the wrapper), blame the girl with lion pants and an orange shirt. Yeah. So goofy! She loved sitting there sorting through the big bowl of candy, and kept handing piles of it to Aaron and me, saying "three more, and three more..." No idea where she came up with that, but it was pretty cute. And here are the "front porch" pics I took.

My sweet little lion and me with "gack".
Taking her candy passing-out duties verrrrrry seriously!
So all in all a really great Halloween. She seems to be adjusting fairly well to the time-change, too. We started sliding her schedule a bit last week so it wouldn't be quite such a shock to the system, and that seems to have been fairly effective. We shall continue to see, however...

Thanks for checking in...Happy Halloween and HAPPY NOVEMBER!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like Gemma had fun. I love the lion costume and the picture of you and Gemma is really sweet.